[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2_encode_fh:152 ERROR: fh buffer is too small for encoding

Wang2, Colin (NSN - CN/Cheng Du) colin.wang2 at nsn.com
Wed Nov 11 18:54:38 PST 2009

Hi Sunil,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Base on your questions,
1. The error is time issue. And it's a production system, it's hard to
install a debug version.
I appreciate if you share some document about debug version so I can
test it while have chance.

2.  Confirmed with onsite engineer.
I think it's a file data corruption but file system. Here are scenes.
The system has 2 nodes with ocfs2 filesystem, and nfs export on one
node.
Suppose:
Node name: db1, db2
Node that currently export NFS; db1
Node that mount exported nfs: app1
A. Read/write file corruption.
    Shutdown app1.
    When check file with ls command,  it's blinking on db1, it's ok on
db2.
    Remove on db2 failed too.
    Can't unmount and stop ocfs2 on db2.
    Faillover nfs to db1 and reboot db2.
    It's ok to delete on db1.
    Reboot app1, it can use exported fs.
I don't what the error, why file is blinking? inode missed?

B. Readonly file corruption.
   Update file, maybe from db1, maybe from db2.
   app1 report corruption file.
   Failover nfs from db1 to db2.
   Reboot app1, it's ok now.
I think this scene caused by exported nfs fs not lock relative file, and
partial content of updated file on another node(like db2) is not
synchnized to db1 and then to app1, so app1 report corruption.

I think this scene can be prevented from update file from db1(currently
nfs exported node) but db2.

BRs,
Colin