[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 and file locking?

jhonyl jhonyl at netscape.net
Sun May 31 14:56:48 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am trying to figure out about locking under ocfs2.

I read in the 1.4 ocfs2 pdf doc file that ocfs2 1.4 support flock but
not fcntl locks, and in a message, I read that ocfs2 rely on vfs for
fcntl, and I read something about being able to get fcntl locks but not
with o2cb.

What is the current status of the issue?

Would programs that rely on fcntl be able to run on a single node?

If someone knows about this, and can explain a bit, I would like to
know what is the current status of file locking under ocfs2, and if it
can be made to work.

Sorry for my English ;)