[Ocfs2-users] ASM over OCFS2 vs. Standard locally managed tablespaces

Karim Alkhayer kkhayer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 07:14:08 PST 2009

The upgrade is possible using DBUA, The databases will not be affected with
the ASM upgrade as they will remain in the original release

Thing is, the approach is not certified on 10.1. only 10.2 onwards, but the
same technique might work

For ASM to work with OCFS2, the “ASM disks” must be pre-sized, similar to
the ocr and voting disks creation

The final product should be quite interesting!

Cheers,

Karim