[Ocfs2-users] Copying data from ocfs2 to an ocfs volume

Mehmet Can ÖNAL mconal at fintek.com.tr
Fri Feb 6 04:38:47 PST 2009

Hi everyone;

I wnat to ask you a question about migration processes. I know that we can use both fscat and backup/restore method for migrating data from ocfs to ocfs2.

I am in situation that i should wonder about a disaster solution that i have to copy an ocfs2 volume to an ocfs volume.

Does fscat package can copy (fscp) an unmounted ocfs2 volume to an mounted ocfs volume?

İ have read at oss.oracle.com that it supports ext2,ext3,ocfs and ocfs2 umounted file systems but i have asked this question long ago but i could not get a clear answer. (except the answer " > No, the fscat tools can only read certain unmounted file systems.
> They cannot write. You can use it to copy data from ocfs
> to ocfs2 on a box running the 2.6 kernel (sles9/10, el4/5). ")

Could anyone give a clear explanation about this stuff?

Thanx for your time
Mehmet Can ONAL