[Ocfs2-users] mixed mode mount options?

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at oracle.com
Sun Dec 6 09:48:24 PST 2009

The node doing the ro mount is a full member of the cluster. Yes, it
will participate in cluster activities including replaying a dead
node's journal, etc. So it is not the spectator node that gfs2, I
believe, has. I've never quite understood how a spectator node can
maintain cache coherencies.... other than by disabling all caches and
hitting disk on every read. Not sure if gfs2 does that or what level
of coherency it guarantees the user.