[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 filesystem seems out of sync

Tom Schouteden tsch at newtec.eu
Thu Sep 25 05:02:47 PDT 2008

Hi there

I recently installed an OCFS2 filesystem on our FC-SAN.  Everything
seemed to work fine and I could read & write the filesystem from both
servers that are mounting it.  After a while though, writes coming from
one node do not appear on the other node and vice versa.

I am not sure what's causing this, and not very experienced at debugging
  filesystems.  If anybody has any pointers as to how to debug/solve
this,   that would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if the following information is useful at all, but let me know
if you need anything else:

[root at docs1 mon]# /etc/init.d/o2cb status
Module "configfs": Loaded
Filesystem "configfs": Mounted
Module "ocfs2_nodemanager": Loaded
Module "ocfs2_dlm": Loaded
Module "ocfs2_dlmfs": Loaded
Filesystem "ocfs2_dlmfs": Mounted
Checking O2CB cluster ocfs2: Online
   Heartbeat dead threshold: 31
   Network idle timeout: 30000
   Network keepalive delay: 2000
   Network reconnect delay: 2000
Checking O2CB heartbeat: Active

[root at docs1 mon]# /etc/init.d/ocfs2 status
Configured OCFS2 mountpoints:  /mnt/docsdata
Active OCFS2 mountpoints:  /mnt/docsdata

Best regards

tom