[Ocfs2-users] VM node won't talk to host

Bret Baptist bbaptist at iexposure.com
Thu Sep 4 11:51:41 PDT 2008

On Friday 29 August 2008 18:38:08 Bret Baptist wrote:
> On Thursday 28 August 2008 18:59:07 Sunil Mushran wrote:
> > If the VM is not seeing the host heartbeat, the issue is not
> > with heartbeat, but the fact that the VM ios are not hitting
> > the actual device. Buffered? See if there is some way
> > to disable buffering in the kvm emulated ide disk.
>
> I was thinking we were on to something here.  However I tried mounting an
> OCFS2 file system between two KVM VMs on the host server, accessing the AOE
> partition through IDE emulation, and everything worked exactly like I would
> expect.
>
> Color me really confused as to why mounting the OCFS2 disk on the host
> server and a VM running off that server would not work.
>

> Bret.

Two VMs running on separate host servers have the same issue as the host to VM
does.  They both think they are the only cluster member mounting the device.

--
Bret Baptist
Senior Network Administrator
bbaptist at iexposure.com
Internet Exposure, Inc.
http://www.iexposure.com
(612)676-1946 x17

Providing Internet Services since 1995
Web Development ~ Search Engine Marketing ~ Web Analytics
Network Security ~ On Demand Tech Support ~ E-Mail Marketing