[Ocfs2-users] Unable to access cluster service

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Tue Oct 28 12:44:53 PDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 01:10:46PM -0600, Paul Mathews wrote:
> I'm running Debian stable on a custom 2.6.27.3 kernel. So far, whenever I try
> to start the cluster service, it throws a "o2cb_ctl: Unable to access cluster
> service Cannot initialize cluster" error. I have compiled ocfs2-tools 1.4.1
> from source, and have tried ocfs2 both as modules, and compiled into the
> kernel. As of now, I have been unable to get the cluster service started.
>
> Currently, ocfs2 is compiled into the kernel, and the o2cb init script does
> not run on startup:
>
> root at debian1:~# /etc/init.d/o2cb start
> Mounting ocfs2_dlmfs filesystem at /dlm: OK
> Starting Oracle cluster ocfs2: Failed
> o2cb_ctl: Unable to access cluster service Cannot initialize cluster

	Hmm, it doesn't say 'mounting configfs'.  Is configfs mounted
(at /sys/kernel/config)?  Is sysfs mounted?
	If configfs is *not* mounted, can you run 'sh -x
/etc/init.d/o2cb start' and send us the output?  That way we know why it
isn't mounted.  OTOH, if it is mounted, we want the strace(1) of
o2cb_ctl.

> root at debian1:~# sudo cat /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf

	Why do you need sudo to cat this file?  Are you not running with
root privileges?

Joel

--

Life's Little Instruction Book #456

	"Send your loved one flowers.  Think of a reason later."

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle
E-mail: joel.becker at oracle.com