[Ocfs2-users] Unable to access cluster service

Paul Mathews pmathews at heritagewebdesign.com
Tue Oct 28 12:10:46 PDT 2008

Hello,

I'm running Debian stable on a custom 2.6.27.3 kernel. So far, whenever I try
to start the cluster service, it throws a "o2cb_ctl: Unable to access cluster
service Cannot initialize cluster" error. I have compiled ocfs2-tools 1.4.1
from source, and have tried ocfs2 both as modules, and compiled into the
kernel. As of now, I have been unable to get the cluster service started.

Currently, ocfs2 is compiled into the kernel, and the o2cb init script does
not run on startup:

root at debian1:~# /etc/init.d/o2cb start
Mounting ocfs2_dlmfs filesystem at /dlm: OK
Starting Oracle cluster ocfs2: Failed
o2cb_ctl: Unable to access cluster service Cannot initialize cluster

Stopping Oracle cluster ocfs2: Failed
o2cb_ctl: Unable to access cluster service Cannot initialize cluster

root at debian1:~# o2cb_ctl
o2cb_ctl: Unable to access cluster service Cannot initialize cluster

root at debian1:~# o2cb_ctl -V
o2cb_ctl version 1.4.1

root at debian1:~# sudo cat /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf
cluster:
        node_count = 2
        name = ocfs2
node:
        ip_port = 7777
        ip_address = 192.168.0.4
        number = 0
        name = debian1
        cluster = ocfs2
node:
        ip_port = 7777
        ip_address = 192.168.0.5
        number = 1
        name = debian2
        cluster = ocfs2

root at debian1:~# cat /etc/default/o2cb
#
# This is a configuration file for automatic startup of the O2CB
# driver.  It is generated by running 'dpkg-reconfigure ocfs2-tools'.
# Please use that method to modify this file.
#

# O2CB_ENABLED: 'true' means to load the driver on boot.
O2CB_ENABLED=true

# O2CB_BOOTCLUSTER: If not empty, the name of a cluster to start.
O2CB_BOOTCLUSTER=ocfs2

# O2CB_HEARTBEAT_THRESHOLD: Iterations before a node is considered dead.
O2CB_HEARTBEAT_THRESHOLD=7

# O2CB_IDLE_TIMEOUT_MS: Time in ms before a network connection is considered
dead.
O2CB_IDLE_TIMEOUT_MS=10000

# O2CB_KEEPALIVE_DELAY_MS: Max. time in ms before a keepalive packet is sent.
O2CB_KEEPALIVE_DELAY_MS=5000

# O2CB_RECONNECT_DELAY_MS: Min. time in ms between connection attempts.
O2CB_RECONNECT_DELAY_MS=2000

root at debian1:~# cat /boot/config-$(uname -r)
#
# Automatically generated make config: don't edit
# Linux kernel version: 2.6.27.3
# Tue Oct 28 10:17:22 2008
#
-- snip --
#
# File systems
#
CONFIG_EXT2_FS=y
# CONFIG_EXT2_FS_XATTR is not set
# CONFIG_EXT2_FS_XIP is not set
CONFIG_EXT3_FS=y
# CONFIG_EXT3_FS_XATTR is not set
# CONFIG_EXT4DEV_FS is not set
CONFIG_JBD=y
# CONFIG_REISERFS_FS is not set
# CONFIG_JFS_FS is not set
CONFIG_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
# CONFIG_XFS_FS is not set
CONFIG_GFS2_FS=y
CONFIG_GFS2_FS_LOCKING_DLM=y
CONFIG_OCFS2_FS=y
CONFIG_OCFS2_FS_O2CB=y
CONFIG_OCFS2_FS_USERSPACE_CLUSTER=y
CONFIG_OCFS2_FS_STATS=y
CONFIG_OCFS2_DEBUG_MASKLOG=y
# CONFIG_OCFS2_DEBUG_FS is not set
CONFIG_DNOTIFY=y
CONFIG_INOTIFY=y
CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER=y
# CONFIG_QUOTA is not set
CONFIG_AUTOFS_FS=m
CONFIG_AUTOFS4_FS=m
CONFIG_FUSE_FS=m

#
# CD-ROM/DVD Filesystems
#
CONFIG_ISO9660_FS=m
CONFIG_JOLIET=y
CONFIG_ZISOFS=y
CONFIG_UDF_FS=m
CONFIG_UDF_NLS=y

#
# DOS/FAT/NT Filesystems
#
CONFIG_FAT_FS=m
CONFIG_MSDOS_FS=m
CONFIG_VFAT_FS=m
CONFIG_FAT_DEFAULT_CODEPAGE=437
CONFIG_FAT_DEFAULT_IOCHARSET="iso8859-1"
CONFIG_NTFS_FS=m
# CONFIG_NTFS_DEBUG is not set
CONFIG_NTFS_RW=y

#