[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 on VMware workstation

AJ Weber aweber at comcast.net
Tue May 20 16:32:33 PDT 2008

I did this late last year with two CentOS VM's (on Workstation 5.5).  I would have to look for them, but you can create a second "disk" with one of the VMs.  Then you shut that one down.  With the second one, you add the disk (in the config), but don't start the VM.  You have to add a line in each of the VM's vmx file to set it to NOT lock that disk.

Now that I think of it, you _might_ need to use VMWare Server to get that line to work in the config...I somehow remember building the VMs, but running into trouble when I needed the extra flexibility of the disk locking (and I have VMWare Server on other PCs so it could have been copied there to finish the experiment).

Here's some of the lines I found in one of my configs...maybe some Googling on them will figure it out for you?

-----------SNIP-----------
disk.locking = "FALSE"
diskLib.dataCacheMaxSize = "0"
diskLib.dataCacheMaxReadAheadSize = "0"