[Ocfs2-users] test if work

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Fri May 16 16:16:46 PDT 2008

Aimar Marco wrote:
> Helo,
> how I can test/view if I have a lock file from another node?
> thank you

What kind of locking are you referring to?

If dlm, then that is totally hidden from the user. As in, when
a process on a node writes to a file, the fs takes an exclusive
lock for that resource before submitting the write. Once that
write has completed, the exclusive can be relinquished to some
other node.

This is different than say from flock() in which the userspace
app can lock (advisory) the file and keep it forever (if it so
chooses) locking out other processes across the cluster.

While flock() is something the user controls, the dlm locks
are transparently handled for the user by the fs/dlm.

Sunil