[Ocfs2-users] Unable to start cluster with one node

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Mon May 12 19:05:55 PDT 2008

This is probably a stupid question, but here we go.

I have two boxes running RHEL4U6 with DRBD mirroring disk between them.
DRBD is setup in active/active mode, and seems to be working nicely. I
have OCFS2 filesystems build on the DRBD devices, and normally I am able
to mount them on both nodes and life is good.

Now, I have one node down. Not good, but that is why we have two... DRBD
is fine, but OCFS2 won't startup correctly.

[root at rhedgetest01 network-scripts]# !/etc/init.d/o2cb status
Module "configfs": Loaded
Filesystem "configfs": Mounted
Module "ocfs2_nodemanager": Loaded
Module "ocfs2_dlm": Loaded
Module "ocfs2_dlmfs": Loaded
Filesystem "ocfs2_dlmfs": Mounted
Checking O2CB cluster ocfs2: Online
  Heartbeat dead threshold: 31
  Network idle timeout: 30000
  Network keepalive delay: 2000
  Network reconnect delay: 2000
Checking O2CB heartbeat: Not active

I take it this has something to do with establishing a quorum, which
probably isn't happy with a single node. Is there a configuration change
or workaround that will allow a single OCFS2 node to mount a filesystem?

David