[Ocfs2-users] Version mis-match?

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Thu May 1 17:53:01 PDT 2008

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 05:41:05PM -0700, Kendall, Kim wrote:
> When I try to bring up any of the volumes on the other 3 nodes, I get:
>
> mount.ocfs2: Transport endpoint is not connected while mounting
> /dev/emcpowerc on /oradata/prod/datafiles/1.
>
> The 3 existing systems are Oracle Enterprise Linux 4 Update 5
> The new system is Oracle Enterprise Linux 4 Update 4
>
> Could the ocfs version mis-match be the cause? The error looks like the
> private network interconnect is the problem.

	Well, what version of ocfs2 are you running?  Specifically, the
output of:

# uname -a
# rpm -qa | grep ocfs2

If you can give us that detail for all four nodes, we can hazard a
guess.  You also might want to check dmesg(8) to see if there is any
details for the error.

Joel

--

Life's Little Instruction Book #314

	"Never underestimate the power of forgiveness."

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle
E-mail: joel.becker at oracle.com