[Ocfs2-users] Version mis-match?

Kendall, Kim Kim_Kendall at inter-tel.com
Thu May 1 17:41:05 PDT 2008

Testing a new node with an existing 4 node cluster.

I took the #4 node down and added the new system as node 4.
Moved the cluster.conf file to the new node.
ran: /etc/init.d/o2cb configure

Made sure I had connectivity on both public & private network to the
other nodes.

With the other nodes down (volumes unmounted), I can bring up ocfs and
mount the volumes on the new node 4 without any problems.

When I try to bring up any of the volumes on the other 3 nodes, I get:

mount.ocfs2: Transport endpoint is not connected while mounting
/dev/emcpowerc on /oradata/prod/datafiles/1.

The 3 existing systems are Oracle Enterprise Linux 4 Update 5
The new system is Oracle Enterprise Linux 4 Update 4

Could the ocfs version mis-match be the cause? The error looks like the
private network interconnect is the problem.

TIA
Kim

The information contained in this E-mail may be confidential and/or proprietary to Inter-Tel and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.