[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 strage freezes

Yuri Kirsanov flash at preferance.ru
Tue Mar 4 06:56:23 PST 2008

Good day, everyone.

I have SAN server build with Openfiler OS, with iSCSI mode turned on. I have
two nodes, which connect to that server via iSCSI, using one of two active
iSCSI partitions. I've installed ocfs2 1.3.3 with kernel 2.6.23.1, configured
it, made ocfs2 partition and was successful in mounting it on both nodes.
Everything works just fine, I can upload file from one node and delete it
using another one, except for one strange thing. When I'm using ocfs2 mounted
partition from one node, for example, uploading 1Gb test file into it, and I
try to access that partition from another node - just to read directory, for
example, - both nodes "freeze" for about 15-20 seconds, both operations just
stops for a while, and then copying continues on first node, while second one
gets directory listing.

I have no errors on both nodes, neither iSCSI ones, no ocfs2. All three
servers are joined together using 1Gbit/sec network switch and there's no
other machines on that switch.

If you need any information, please feel free to ask me about it. Thanks in
advance!