[Ocfs2-users] ORA-19870 and ORA-19502 During RMAN restore to OCFS2 filesystem

Sunil Mushran SUNIL.MUSHRAN at ORACLE.COM
Wed Jul 23 22:13:47 PDT 2008

Please file a SR with Oracle support. Database issues are best
resolved in that forum.

>From Ed Gulakowski <edgulak at gmail.com>
Sent Wed 7/23/2008 7:48 PM
To ocfs2-users at oss.oracle.com
Subject [Ocfs2-users] ORA-19870 and ORA-19502 During RMAN restore to OCFS2 filesystem

Hi,

When attempting to restore to LINUX RHEL5 - OCFS2 filesystem received the following error during RMAN restore for nearly all of the datafiles attempted to restore with exception of a couple of smaller datafiles which were smaller < 2GB.

ORA-19870: error reading backup piece /db/dumps/TR1_1/rmanbackup/TR1_88_1

ORA-19502: write error on file "/db/devices/db1/PR2/pr2_1/pr2.data1", blockno 1409 (blocksize=8192)

ORA-27061: waiting for async I/Os failedLinux-x86_64 Error: 5: Input/output error

Tried various Oracle init parameters for filesystem i/o SETALL, ASYNCH, DIRECT and also disk_asynch_io settings.

After this failure tried to used a non ocfs2 filesytem (ext3) for the source RMAN backup files, however the error still occurred.  For testing purposes specified  a non ocfs2 filesystem ( ext3 ) as restore target filesystem and the RMAN restore completed successfully without any errors.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.
Thanks,
Ed