[Ocfs2-users] ORA-19870 and ORA-19502 During RMAN restore to OCFS2 filesystem

Ed Gulakowski edgulak at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 19:48:43 PDT 2008

Hi,

When attempting to restore to LINUX RHEL5 - OCFS2 filesystem received the
following error during RMAN restore for nearly all of the datafiles
attempted to restore with exception of a couple of smaller datafiles which
were smaller < 2GB.

ORA-19870: error reading backup piece /db/dumps/TR1_1/rmanbackup/TR1_88_1

ORA-19502: write error on file "/db/devices/db1/PR2/pr2_1/pr2.data1",
blockno 1409 (blocksize=8192)

ORA-27061: waiting for async I/Os failed
Linux-x86_64 Error: 5: Input/output error

Tried various Oracle init parameters for filesystem i/o SETALL, ASYNCH,
DIRECT and also disk_asynch_io settings.

After this failure tried to used a non ocfs2 filesytem (ext3) for the source
RMAN backup files, however the error still occurred.  For testing
purposes specified  a non ocfs2 filesystem ( ext3 ) as restore target
filesystem and the RMAN restore completed successfully without any errors.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.
Thanks,
Ed