[Ocfs2-users] Query regarding OCFS2 and RHEL4 LVM

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Wed Jul 9 00:43:09 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 07:55:56AM +0200, Ionel GARDAIS wrote:
> As CLVM is to be configured along with the cluster-suite and you stated
> "[...] that [CLVM] uses a different cluster technology than ocfs2 does, and
> as such the two cluster stacks may conflict when a node goes down."
> What are the common solutions to this problem ?

You really have three options, none of them ideal.

1) Don't use two cluster stacks at the same time
2) Try really hard not to have nodes fail
3) Configure the failure timeouts so that you are pretty sure which
   stack will make the failure decision.

Joel

--

"Egotist: a person more interested in himself than in me."
         - Ambrose Bierce

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle