[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 datavolume option and oracle

jcollins at ip-acd.com jcollins at ip-acd.com
Tue Jul 8 07:03:33 PDT 2008

 From the User's Guide:

> Oracle database users must mount the volumes containing the Voting Disk file (CRS), Cluster
> Registry (OCR), Data files, Redo logs, Archive logs and Control files with the
> datavolume,nointr mount options.

However when this is tried, I get the following:

> ocfs2_parse_options:822 ERROR: Unrecognized mount option "datavolume" or missing value

Searching the archives I found this post:
http://www.mail-archive.com/ocfs2-users@oss.oracle.com/msg00201.html

Which seems to indicate that an older version of ocfs2 will be needed to
host an Oracle installation.

> Long story short... use ocfs2 1.2 for running the oracle db.

However, I also saw this post:
http://www.mail-archive.com/ocfs2-users@oss.oracle.com/msg02462.html

Which seems to indicate that a newer kernel (and thereby newer ocfs2) is
needed to correct a memory leak.

> In mainline, that issue was resolved in 2.6.21. We have patches for
> 2.6.20 but not older than that.

So, I'm a little confused as to which ocfs2 version should be used and
whether or not that means an older kernel (and potentially a memory
leak) will be required.

--
Jamin W. Collins