[Ocfs2-users] "Propagate Configuration" missing

jcollins at ip-acd.com jcollins at ip-acd.com
Wed Jul 2 11:55:28 PDT 2008

I've been attempting to follow the instructions in the "Oracle Cluster
File System (OCFS2) User's Guide" to setup an ocfs2 volume.  I'm managed
to create an iSCSI volume shared by two different systems and have tried
running the ocfs2console on both.  However, regardless of the system
that I run the console on, there is not an option to "Propagate
Configuration" after I've defined the member nodes.

Additionally, I found that I had to format the volume manually outside
the ocfs2console before it would show in the list.  This is not covered
in the User Guide. It appears to assume that all actions will be taken
within the GUI, but how can one configure the volume if it's not listed?

# cat /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf
node:
	ip_port = 7777
	ip_address = 192.168.3.6