[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 fencing problem

Kuang, Howard [WHQKT] Howard.Kuang at united.com
Tue Jul 1 11:27:43 PDT 2008

Hi, Sunil or Tao,

I have a 4 nodes OCFS2 cluster running OCFS2 1.2.8 on SuSE 9 SP4. When I
tried to do failover testing (shutting down one node), the whole cluster
hung (I can not even login to any server in the cluster). I have to
bring all of them up and then be able to use the system. What kind of
behavior is it? Is it the fence of OCFS2? Below is my configuration.

aopcer13:~ # /etc/init.d/o2cb status

Module "configfs": Loaded

Filesystem "configfs": Mounted

Module "ocfs2_nodemanager": Loaded

Module "ocfs2_dlm": Loaded

Module "ocfs2_dlmfs": Loaded

Filesystem "ocfs2_dlmfs": Mounted

Checking O2CB cluster ERP_UAT_APPS_OCFS2: Online

  Heartbeat dead threshold: 300

  Network idle timeout: 60000

  Network keepalive delay: 2000

  Network reconnect delay: 2000

Checking O2CB heartbeat: Active

Please help. If you need more information, please let me know.

Regards,

Howard(Kuiyang) Kuang

Principal Systems Engineer

Linux Engineering - WHQKT