[Ocfs2-users] size

Mark Fasheh mark.fasheh at oracle.com
Thu Jan 31 13:06:30 PST 2008

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 12:36:30PM -0800, Michael Moody wrote:
> Can you comment on this some more? What features will you be adding
> based on jbd2/ext4? I'm just curious what this means for ocfs2. What
> benefits will jbd2 bring to ocfs2?

Primarily, jbd2 will be used to enable support for large block devices  - jbd
has a 32 bit block number limit which jbd2 fixes.

Beyond that, I believe there's some work out there to enable checksumming of
journal blocks. I haven't had time to read through those patches though, so
I can't really comment on specifics.
	--Mark

--
Mark Fasheh