[Ocfs2-users] Bug when unmounting

Michael M. michael at gsc.cc
Mon Jan 7 14:30:24 PST 2008

Dear OCFS2-Devs,

There is a slight bug when unmointing an ocfs2 volume. I was unmounting it,
and typing other commands while waiting for it to unmount, and accidentally
hit ctrl-c. The filesystem appears unmounted, when I run umount /mountpoint/
it reports it as not mounted. However, when I attempt to stop o2cb, it says
at least one heartbeat region was still active. At this point, there was
nothing I could do, not umount, not mount, not stop or start the heartbeat,
and needed to powercycle the machine, which of course, cause the behavior of
the other machines waiting til the heartbeat check timeout was up.

This happens every so often. Is there a way to FORCE the heartbeat to stop?

Or to force mount/unmount?

Michael