[Ocfs2-users] Transport endpoint is not connected

Werner Flamme werner.flamme at ufz.de
Thu Apr 24 00:20:09 PDT 2008

Sunil Mushran   [23.04.2008 18:01]:
> Check dmesg.
>
> In short, the tcp connect is failing. In ocfs2, the higher node
> number initiates the connection between two nodes.

So, I have to mount my cluster on mach3 before mounting on mach2
and mach1? My ... - now I did so and the volume ist mounted on all 3
machines. I thought mach1 was s.th. like a "leader of the pack" ;-)
because it was the first node in the cluster...

The problem is solved now, I think :-)

> Do: ping -I ethX ipaddress to see if the nodes can ping each other.

They do. The SAP systems on the machines are accessed via those
addresses as well, the boxes communicate via those addresses some SAP
data, and so on.

> Other things to look for would be firewalls (internal/external)
> interfering with traffic. See if iptables is running. If so, see if
> it works after shutting it down.

No, there is no iptables rule active. No other firewall ist up.

At first, I chose other network addresses, but now I chose the network
addresses that are associated with the hostnames in DNS. This is not
necessary, as far as I understand the manual, but however...
On those other addresses, the machines share NFS, and I want to replace
this NFS share with the OCFS2 volume. The addresses did not work either.

Sunil, thanks for the help! My OCFS2 cluster is working (now ;-))

Regards,
Werner

--
Werner Flamme, Abt. WKDV
Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ
http://www.ufz.de - eMail: werner.flamme at ufz.de