[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 with clusterware

Martin Schmitter Martin.Schmitter at opitz-consulting.de
Thu Oct 25 06:12:03 PDT 2007

Hi Folks.

I am wondering how would fencing in conjunction with Clusterware and OCFS2 works?

I have a 2 Node setup with some 3rd Party Apllications and some Oracle 9iR2 DB’s.

Clusterware should manage the Applications and do the failover. The shared storage should work with OCFS2.

The problem will be that we make use of two cluster management software services. I am going a bit nervous thinking about the situation, that the cluster services may do some different decisions concerning fencing. In worst case, we will have a very expensive up and down game.

So my Idea is, to disable the fencing with OCFS2 and make the clusterware to the primary cluster manager.

1. Does OCFS2 work in conjunction with cluster ware?
2. Is it possible and should I disable the fencing with OCFS2?
3. Is there some experience with clusterware and OCFS?
4. Is there documentation?
5. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance…

Martin Schmitter