[Ocfs2-users] Cluster setup

Ulf Zimmermann ulf at atc-onlane.com
Thu Oct 11 15:13:54 PDT 2007

I haven't really followed the whole discussion but that point above did
just come to my mind a few days ago when we replaced our HP ProCurve
4108gl used for 3 separate Interconnects on 10g, where only 1 also
carries the OCFS2 heartbeat. So if that switch dies, OCFS2 will go down
while Oracle 10g could survive (if OCFS2 wouldn't die).

I have to agree that is a bad design at this point. Heartbeat should
also be on at least 2 links for OCFS2.

Ulf.