[Ocfs2-users] Cluster setup

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Thu Oct 11 09:20:34 PDT 2007

Randy Ramsdell wrote:
> I am not taking sides but I think Alexei's postings are a positive
> contribution to this project and more of a contribution than the
> lurkers who write nothing to the list. His feedback does have merit
> and should be considered valuable although it is critical of ocfs2.
> We, although I strongly disagreed, have stopped using ocfs2 and we
> WERE using it in a production environment.

The so-called lurkers file bugs, validate patches. That helps everybody.

His feedback is useless. Ranting about the core design does not help
anyone. Dreaming up possible bugs, without actually looking for them,
is useless.

When you encounter a bug, file a bugzilla with as much relevant
information as possible. If you do that, we can fix the bug and everyone
benefits. Sending emails like a broken record is not a positive
contribution.

BTW, I hear great things about Vista.