[Ocfs2-users] Ocfs2 patch set for Linux v2.6.23 now available, 2.6.22.6 EOL

Mark Fasheh mark.fasheh at oracle.com
Mon Nov 12 13:23:05 PST 2007

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 12:31:18PM -0800, Michael M. wrote:
> I just wanted to thank you for the continued work. Since it wasn’t mentioned,
> do these backports make it into the mainline ocfs2 codebase? I normally use
> that, and don’t even patch with the backports.

Yeah, one of my general criteria is that I've got the patch in ocfs2.git and
it's been pushed upstream (or will be very soon). So if you're getting the
latest kernel, you'd have all the backports from previous kernel versions up
until your kernel was released.

> Also, I noticed
>

> Srinivas Eeda (1):
>
>       ocfs2: fix rename vs unlink race
>

> I wanted to ask and see if that could be the cause of my lockup issues I was
> experiencing
>

> http://oss.oracle.com/pipermail/ocfs2-users/2007-October/002128.html

Hmm, going by what was in that exchange, I'd say that it wouldn't likely fix
the problem for you, unfortunately.

I'd sure like to figure out what's happening on your machines though... Did
you ever get the scanlocks output?
	--Mark

--
Mark Fasheh