[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 + Xen node

Jorge Cabello jorge at aspl.es
Wed Nov 7 06:21:17 PST 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to use ocfs2 as the root filesystem for xen virtual nodes. If
I leave ocfs2 as a module the system doesn't boot as it doesn't find a
supported filesystem for the root partition.

I have also tried to include ocfs2 inside the kernel (not as a module)
on the virtual node to be able to mount the root partition but it also
doesnt work. With this option I'm not even able to mount other
partitions as o2cb doesn't find the module.

Has anyone been able to do something similar to this? Do I need to do
anything special to include ocfs2 inside the kernel so I can mount the
root partition at boot?