[Ocfs2-users] PBL with RMAN and ocfs2

Gaetano Giunta giunta.gaetano at sea-aeroportimilano.it
Fri May 11 00:46:41 PDT 2007

Thanks, but I had alreday checked out all logs I could find (oracle and crs alerts, /var/log stuff) and there was no clear indication in there.

The trick is the ocfs was sending the alert message to the console only (I wonder why it does not also leva traces into syslog, my best guess is it tries to shutdown as fast as it can, and sending a message to console is faster than sending it to syslog - but I'm in no way a linux guru...).

By using the netdump tool suggested by Sunil I managed to see the console messages of the dying node (without having to phisycally be in the server farm, which is 40 km away from my ususal workplace), and diagnosed the ocfs2 heartbeat as "the killer".

Bye
Gaetano