[Ocfs2-users] Hi

Alexei_Roudnev Alexei_Roudnev at exigengroup.com
Mon May 7 13:02:57 PDT 2007

Ok, let me to be clean on this particular issue (only):

- what I said is _I don't recommend to use OCFSv2 for RAC CRS files /OCRFile
and CSSFile/. The reason is simple -
using file system for these 2 files (no matter WHICH file system) don't have
much benefits but only drawbacks (it is not a problem to create 2 extra
partitions, once in the cluster's life, if you have shared disks anyway.).
And I explained some drawbacks.

I did not opt against OCFSv2 in general (through I know some problems with
it), but only for these 2 files. Using OCFSv2 for datafiles, backups,
archive logs, oracle home etc is another story (having it's own con and pro,
and your choice depends of the requirements).

Is  something wrong with it? It's not _using ocfs resource against ocfs_ but
_using ocfs resource for the better ocfs placement_.

Let's close this issue for now.

PS. Of course, I overestimate problems - sometimes in purpose.