[Ocfs2-users] Hi

Wim Coekaerts wim.coekaerts at oracle.com
Mon May 7 12:24:30 PDT 2007

let's all take a breather here.

I don't think sunil wanted to state that no one can give their opinion.

We try our best to make things work well and want to make sure that when
someone makes a statement it's clear that this is their statement.
Alexei tends to also be pretty rough in his posts and for people working
hard on something that can get very difficult at times as well. what it
comes down to is that alexei has his strong opinions and are as such -
his personal opinions.

when it comes down to what is formally supported, the certification
matrix is the source of truth. as always its possible to find an
individual that makes a certain recommendation in the support
organization and that might sometimes conflict with other
recommendations. what it comes down to is that if you run oracle rdbms
on ocfs2 you get support, if that somehow gets denied, you should
escalate that, it's a supported configuration of use. whether someone
recommends against it or not. problems should get addressed/resolved.

but that's separate from ocfs2 the open source project of course.

Wim