[Ocfs2-users] OCFSv2 in a mail cluster environment

Sergio Lopez slopez at efor.es
Tue Mar 13 04:42:21 PDT 2007

Hello,

First, thanks to all the people who helped to license this software under
the GPL. This is a very important piece of work for the Free Software in the
Enterprise Market.

Just a few newbie questions. We've been thinking about implmenting a mail
cluster with a Fiber SAN (IBM DS-4000) and OCFSv2 as the storage
backend. The information on this volume will essentially be Postfix
Maildirs, about 20.000 accounts. I've heard some complains about the memory
usage and stability problems under some environments. At this time, do you
think that OCFSv2 is suitable for this purpose? Should we wait a little and
stick with NFS for a time?

On the other hand, I'd like to use SLES10 and the OCFSv2 version that ships
with it for our machines. Are there some recommendations about a preferred
distro and OCFSv2 version to use (apart from the "ORACLE SUPPORT AND
CERTIFICATION" section found in the website, which seems to be only for
database use)?

Thanks in advance! :-)

--
Sergio Lopez