[Ocfs2-users] Problem installing CRS [OT]

Naude, Chris Chris.Naude at hit.cendant.com
Wed Mar 7 07:16:39 PST 2007

Mounting by label with multiple paths works quite well in red Hat. All you need to do is create an /etc/fstab.order file with all of your devices listed. Check out this snippet from the mount manpage.

DUPLICATE LABELS
       mount  includes  support  for  systems  where same partition is shared between different devices (e.g. multipath kernel drivers). In particular case when mounting device by LABEL, mount command reports problem with duplicate labels. You can define priority of devices in file /etc/fstab.order as  simple list  of  devices  (with  full pathname for the devices).  The devices listed in this file have greater priority than other devices.  Devices in configuration file have descending priority.

-Chris