[Ocfs2-users] permission denied to remove file, broken file system?

Sebastian Reitenbach sebastia at l00-bugdead-prods.de
Fri Jun 29 08:03:21 PDT 2007

Hi,

I try to rm a file but I get a permission denied. The same happens when I
try to ls the directory where the file is in:

# ls global.ori/
/bin/ls: global.ori/pg_fsm.cache: Permission denied

while I try to rm or ls the file, the following line is added
to /var/log/messages:
Jun 29 16:59:34 ppsnfs101 kernel: (17838,0):ocfs2_lookup:183 ERROR: Unable
to create inode 774735

This directory must be a bit older, so I do not know when sth. happened that
causes it to not allow me to remove it. So what could be the reason that
things like this happen?
How can I fix the problem?

thanks
Sebastian