[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 mounting fails

Marcos E. Matsunaga Marcos.Matsunaga at oracle.com
Tue Jun 12 19:13:35 PDT 2007

Alison,

You should use screen (depending on the distribution, it is installed
automatically) while mounting on the second node and capture the output
(ctrl-a and shift-h will start/stop the capture). That may give you a
clue on what is going on. If you don't find the problem, please add some
details like, kernel version, disk storage (iscsi, FC, scsi, etc), ocfs2
versions, and network interface that ocfs2 is using for DLM. Also, it
would be interesting to see the /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf from both nodes
and the output of mounted.ocfs2 -d on both nodes.

Alison Jolley wrote:
> I'm having issues on ocfs2 mounting. I have a 2 node cluster, and one
> of the clusters works fine. The other one is experiencing "flakey"
> behavior. Upon server startup, it attempts to mount the drive, however
> it fails and produces an error which scrolls by too fast (I checked
> /var/log/messages and /var/log/dmesg with no luck). I can immediately
> mount the drive after startup, which produces no errors, however it
> unmounts itself within a matter of hours (again - no errors in
> messages or dmesg). Is there another log I should look at? Does anyone
> have any ideas as to why this keeps failing?
> thanks!
>
> Alison

Regards,

Marcos Eduardo Matsunaga