[Ocfs2-users] Also just a comment to the Oracle guys

Mark Fasheh mark.fasheh at oracle.com
Tue Jan 30 22:33:21 PST 2007

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 07:15:46PM -0800, Alexei_Roudnev wrote:
> IF you need to DOWNLOAD and COMPILE KERNEL component
>
> THEN
>
> this system is not production ready.
>
> ENDIF
>
> (Reason - your personal combination of module, kernel, libraries and other
> components was never tested in the wild).

He never said it was _required_ for him to download a mainline kernel.

To clarify - the 1.2.x series (for which we make rpms available) is a bugfix
only release. Anything that's fixed in mainline is backported to that svn
branch. Most of the time fixes get uploaded simultaneously. If you don't
believe me, subscribe to the ocfs2-commits list (which tracks 1.2.x
commits).

So, please try to relax, and cut down on the constant yelling. It doesn't
help anyone...
	--Mark

--
Mark Fasheh