[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2console issue on fedora core.

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Fri Jan 12 01:48:14 PST 2007

On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 05:22:45PM -0800, PRATYUSH PAUL wrote:
> Hi Gurus - I am having some issue pulling up the GUI ocfs2console, this is the error messages I got
> [root at linux2 Desktop]# Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/sbin/ocfs2console", line 3, in ?
>     from ocfs2interface.about import process_args
> ImportError: No module named ocfs2interface.about
>
> I am using the following on my system
> Linux linux2 2.6.18-1.2849.fc6

	You're installing the RHEL4 package, built for RHEL4 and
python2.3, on Fedora Core 6, which has python2.4.
	A quick hack to make things work is:

    ln -s /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/ocfs2interface \
        /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/

If your python is in /usr/lib64, change 'lib' to 'lib64' in both of the
above paths.

Joel

--

Life's Little Instruction Book #267

	"Lie on your back and look at the stars."

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle
E-mail: joel.becker at oracle.com