[Ocfs2-users] OCFS 1.2.4 memory problems still?

Cline, Ernie Ernest.Cline at petersons.com
Fri Feb 23 11:17:37 PST 2007

I have a 2 node cluster of HP DL380G4s.  These machines are attached via
scsi to an external HP disk enclosure.  They run 32bit RH AS 4.0 and
OCFS 1.2.4, the latest release.  They were upgraded from 1.2.3 only a
few days after 1.2.4 was released.  I had reported on the mailing list
that my developers were happy, and things seemed faster.  However, twice
in that time, the cluster has gone down due to the kernel OOM killer
killing processes, and then ASR kicks in, and eventually reboots the
box.

I am also starting to notice some directory corruption, and errors like
this in /var/log/messages

Feb 18 04:14:37 cyber1 kernel: (23693,1):ocfs2_check_dir_entry:1703
ERROR: bad entry in directory #101726961: rec_len % 4 != 0 - offset=0,
inode=3484598105688391, rec_len=18, name_len=128

Sometimes I can't delete a directory, it will tell me its not empty,
even though it is.

What could this be?  I was hoping that OCFS 1.2.4 would have fixed the
out of memory problems, but it looks like I still run into it.  What
information can I provide that will help?