[Ocfs2-users] Problems with SUN StoreEdge T3

Marco Friebe marco.friebe at robotron.de
Fri Feb 23 01:13:34 PST 2007

Hello,

We’ve got two nodes connected to a SUN T3 over SCSI.

We encountered some strange behaviour after mounting.

As soon as the second node gets mounted every os command regarding that partition needs about 10 sec. to success.

e.g. ls or cd.

Furthermore we’re not able to see files on node 2 which have been recently created on node1 or vice versa. After a remount on node2 those files can bee seen.

Sometimes creation of files is even impossible while receiving “touch: cannot touch `test3': Read-only file system”, although file system is mounted “rw,_netdev,datavolume,nointr,heartbeat=local”

There’s no special output in the syslogfile related to these occurrences.

Configuration:

Fuitsu/Siemens RX300 F3 Dual XEON

SLES9 EM64  2.6.5-7.283-smp

Sun T3 Storage in ES Konfiguration