[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 mount problem

aibolit 66 aibolit66.66 at mail.ru
Mon Feb 5 12:31:30 PST 2007

Hello everybody!

I'm using RHEL4 U4, kernel-2.6.9-42.0.8.EL and ocfs2-tools-1.2.2-1.
Trying to set up OCFS2 on 2 nodes following this guide http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/dist/documentation/ocfs2_users_guide.pdf:

The problem is that after creation of cluster.conf via ocfs2console, and  propagation it to second node, I can format /dev/sda5 as ocfs2FS, but I can mount it only on node1. Node2 mount  fails with following error:

[root at node2 ~]# mount.ocfs2 /dev/sda5 /cl
ocfs2_hb_ctl: Bad magic number in superblock while reading uuid
mount.ocfs2: Error when attempting to run /sbin/ocfs2_hb_ctl: "Operation not permitted"

I think, that I'm doing something wrong, because when I'm configuring nodes via ocfs2console, and when I'm formatting /dev/sda5, there is absolutely nothing happens between node1 and node2. No network traffic at all... Here is my cluster.conf that exists on both nodes:

node:
        ip_port = 7777
        ip_address = 89.XXX.134.24
        number = 0