[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 systems not talking

Dr J Pelan J.Pelan at gatsby.ucl.ac.uk
Sun Dec 23 03:58:51 PST 2007

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007, Michael Brennen wrote:

> I have installed the OSS ocfs2 packages for Centos5; see below for
> details. I've very carefully gone over everything, googled every
> possibility I can think of, and I still cannot get two test machines to
> share a drive, /dev/hdc.

OCFS2 is a *filesystem* - it does not allow you to 'share a drive'.

For OCFS2 to work, there must be an existing shared block device (e.g.
FC/iSCSI SAN, shared SCSI bus, DRBD 8 device) accessible by the nodes.
OCFS2 will not give you this but it will allow you to share a filesystem
that resides on it once you do.

--
John P.