[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 systems not talking

Michael Brennen michael at fishnet.us
Sun Dec 23 01:54:18 PST 2007

Hello all,

I have installed the OSS ocfs2 packages for Centos5; see below for
details.  I've very carefully gone over everything, googled every
possibility I can think of, and I still cannot get two test machines
to share a drive, /dev/hdc.  I have been at this for a couple of
days; I've configured with ocfs2console, rebooted multiple times,
with no success.

The front/public channel is 172.16.100.*, and the back channel is
172.16.101.* (the back channel is configured below); I can ping/ssh
across both channels without problem.  The network connectivity is
good, and the IPs are right.

On the lvc8 system with the physical drive I can ocfs2 format and
mount /dev/hdc`.  There is no information at all about that drive in
lvc4.  I've looked through /sys/kernel/config many times.  There is
no port 7777 traffic at all; I've sniffed eth0/eth1/any, and it
isn't there.  iptables is stopped, there are not any filters active.

This is my my first foray into ocfs2, so I figure I must be missing
something very basic; I just don't know what.  What might I try
next?  Thanks much...

    -- Michael

===============================
/etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf

node:
         ip_port = 7777
         ip_address = 172.16.101.108
         number = 8
         name = lvc8    <= drive is here
         cluster = ocfs2
node:
         ip_port = 7777
         ip_address = 172.16.101.104
         number = 4
         name = lvc4    <= mount failing here
         cluster = ocfs2

cluster:
         node_count = 2
         name = ocfs2
===============================
# /etc/init.d/o2cb load
Mounting configfs filesystem at /sys/kernel/config: OK
Mounting ocfs2_dlmfs filesystem at /dlm: OK
>From dmesg:

OCFS2 Node Manager 1.2.7 Wed Dec  5 13:17:40 PST 2007 (build
   1c4508be0c999c7bec8d997b52240db8)
OCFS2 DLM 1.2.7 Wed Dec  5 13:17:40 PST 2007 (build
   71e582227caabd47a4b94bc0f322b660)
OCFS2 DLMFS 1.2.7 Wed Dec  5 13:17:40 PST 2007 (build
   71e582227caabd47a4b94bc0f322b660)
OCFS2 User DLM kernel interface loaded