[Ocfs2-users] Unstable Cluster Node

Mark Fasheh mark.fasheh at oracle.com
Mon Dec 3 11:44:29 PST 2007

On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 02:28:42PM -0500, Randy Ramsdell wrote:
> And this is the MAIN reason driver upgrades should never be  tied to a
> kernel upgrade. I will never understand why vendors and developers force a
> complete kernel OS upgrade for a simple driver. It makes absolutely zero
> sense.

Unfortunately, that's the way the mainline Linux kernel works these days and
therefore it's pretty much out of our hands. Enterprise vendor kernels are
the obvious exception here.

At any rate, ocfs2-users isn't the place for this discussion. If you still
feel you need to air your grievances, you should direct your e-mail to the
Linux Kernel mailing list.
	--Mark

--
Mark Fasheh