[Ocfs2-users] Recreated FS - getting "no free slots available" message when trying to mount

Richard Bollinger rabollinger at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 12:34:50 PDT 2007

On 8/29/07, Sunil Mushran <Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com> wrote:
> heh... that would be one reason for the error. It had
> me puzzled.

I'm currently running the latest firmware, but the LUN was initially
created under an older firmware version and the corruption could have
been lying in wait.  I've regenerated all of the LUNS and things seem
OK now... but I'd like to have reason to believe that my luck will be
better this time before putting a lot of data on it.  Other than
mkfs.ocfs2 & fsck.ocfs2... any suggestions for disk integrity checks?
Not performance testing, more random i/o with checksums of some sort.