[Ocfs2-users] About cluster size (read/write)

Marcus Alves Grando marcus.grando at terra.com.br
Mon Aug 20 06:37:27 PDT 2007

Hello list,

I need understand more about cluster-size. Cluster size are small space
when i create some file in ocfs2 disk, but when i read some data this
size are small part that i can read? Or smal part are block-size to
read? cluster-size are only to optimize fragmentation?

I create my ocfs2 mounts with block-size 4k and cluster-size 1M and i
have few files per filesystem with more than 600M. When i append one
file ocfs2 will increase cluster-size? and when i read, i read all
cluster-size from disk?

Can someone explain more about this?

Regards

--
Marcus Alves Grando <marcus.grando [] terra.com.br>
Suporte Engenharia 1

Qual é a sua Terra?