[Ocfs2-users] Single node setup

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Fri Apr 20 15:21:57 PDT 2007

Yes, this would be a good list for ocfs2 related qs.

Why are the voting disk and ocr on different ocfs2 volumes/disks?
They can exist on the same volume. As in , it appears you are using
the raw paradigm of file == partition and you don't have to.

Now say you have different volumes for both files, yes, you will
have to mount those two volumes on all other nodes. Same for any
number of volumes.

As you are on sles10, ensure you have the latest sles10 kernel. The
first release had a typo rendering clustered mode unusable.

You can use either hb mechanisms. Oracle will be able to assist you
with the disk based hb issues. Userspace hb issues will be handled
by SUSE, who are also monitoring this list.