[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 - disk usage inconsistencies

Sunil Mushran Sunil.Mushran at oracle.com
Wed Sep 20 10:31:53 PDT 2006

Did you remove some large files recently? If so, check the orphan_dir
and truncate_log for all the slots.

1. Start debugfs:
# debugfs.ocfs2 /dev/sdX

2. List system directory:
 > ls -l //

3. List files in all orphan_dir(s):
 > ls -l //orphan_dir:0000

If there are files, means some process in the cluster is still using
that file.

4. stat all trancate_log(s):
 > stat //truncate_log:0000

I will be surprised if you see any bits here. If there are, do
"sync;sync;sync;" on the
appropriate node.

5. You can find the appropriate node by dumping the slotmap:
 > slotmap
Find the slot-to-nodenum mapping. Do the sync on that node.

For this and more, refer to the on-disk format support guide.
http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/dist/documentation/03-disk_format.pdf