[Ocfs2-users] using 2 networks

Alexei_Roudnev Alexei_Roudnev at exigengroup.com
Wed Oct 25 14:18:26 PDT 2006

What's about integrating OFCVSv2 and heartbeat2? Novell show such system on
last LinuxWorld.

It can be the best idea. Today I saw a few times, when
- we have a few nodes, each have OCFSv2, heartbeat, Oracle RAC, and so on;
- they don't interact;
- in case of failure (disk, network,  so on), different subsystems decided
to fenbce different nodes;
- as a result, they fence each other or themself, and we have all nodes
restarted. I saw it in the lab.

Few scenarios should be taken into account specifically:

(1) All nodes lost conenction to the disk. In this case, there is not any
reason to fence anything - just must wait until some nodes restore
connection;
(2) All nodes lost network conenctivity but still have normal disk
conenction - almost the same - why system can't work (temporary) using disk
heartbeat, or, if it have not pending IO, reconnect to the cluster without
reboot.
(3) In some cases, admin wich to disable OCFSv2 in case of failure vs
rebooting (RAC cluster,m OCFS is used for backups only).