[Ocfs2-users] How to resolve this issue?

tao.ma tao.ma at oracle.com
Wed Nov 29 01:31:59 PST 2006

Hi,
>From the error message, it seems that the cluster service doesn't start
up in your server.
which package do you use?
I install ocfs2-1.2.3, ocfs2-tools 1.2.2 and ocfs2-console1.2.2 in my
box, and ocfs2console will start the cluster service automatically when
I try to configure the node.
"/etc/init.d/o2cb start" can be used to start the cluster service when
you configure ocfs2 to start on boot, since you haven't configure your
cluster and node, it may not work.
Try "/etc/init.d/o2cb status" to check the status of the cluster.
Try "/etc/init.d/o2cb load" to see whether your module can be loaded by
the system.
If it is ok, try to delete "/etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf" and run
"ocfs2console" again. I happened to run into this kind of scenario and
after I deleted the file, it works ok. But by now, I can't reproduce it. :(